Saturday, March 31, 2012

i'm taking my blog back.

i just spent about 30 minutes going through all my old blog posts
and it made me sad.
sad because i used to take so many pictures
with my holga
and polaroid
and film.
and sad because there was so much substance to my posts.
so much feeling.
so much love.

lately blogging has felt like a chore.
i'll write a couple sentences about the same thing i wrote about last week
or post something neat i came across on pinterest.
and i don't like it.

i want to have my blog to look back on years from now
to remember what made me happy
and what i loved about my life.
i'm not saying i shouldn't complain every once and a while
(i mean, c'mon. it's me after all)
but i should at least try harder to focus on the good rather than the bad
and take more time to thoughtfully write posts.
because i want this blog to go back to its roots.

to remember the little things in life that make me happy.

here's to trying a little harder from now on.



3 comments:

  1. your blog is lovely...don't worry, you'll get your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we all just need to refocus. Refocus on what matters. Refocus on us rather than on what others what. I've found some of that refocusing for myself in your blog and in your Pinterest pages. In fact, I went out today and took some pictures for me. For me, not for anyone else. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete