Wednesday, July 18, 2012

dreams

since i found out i was pregnant
i've had several dreams about this baby.
and in every single one
this baby has been a girl.

usually i don't get to see her face that well
or i wake up before i can get a good look
but last night was different.
it felt so real
and i finally got a good look at my baby's face.
she was so incredibly beautiful.

she was so tiny wrapped up in a swaddle
with a little hand poking out the top of the blanket by her face.
she had bennett's eyes
long fingers
and hair as dark as night.
we gave her the most beautiful name.
she was perfect.

we still have a few more weeks before our ultrasound
to find out the gender
but with all of these dreams i'm starting to wonder if i'm on to something...


**but everyone, and i mean everyone, seems to think its a boy**

1 comment:

  1. I don't! In your last post (the fall one), I almost commented saying that I thought you were having a girl. Also, I've read that if you dream you're having a girl or a boy, that's usually what you have (it was in this really interesting book called Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies? The Surprising Science of Pregnancy). When my baby was in my dreams, she was always a girl. And I had a very strong gut feeling that she was a girl... and I was right! I really believe that mother's intuition is reliable. I guess we'll see!!

    ReplyDelete