Sunday, November 18, 2012

nashville

                          Source: moonandtrees.tumblr.com via Jenny on Pinterest


at the moment i'm sitting at the airport waiting to board my flight to nashville.
my last trip home before baby girl's arrival.
it's a very strange feeling.

i don't think i've really comprehended the fact
that next time i go to nashville i'll have a tiny one in tow.
i mean, 
how can one possibly realize how much their life is about to change?

next time i hop on a plane
i'll have a sweet baby girl cuddled close to me in her sling.
my home will be a strange place to her.
the place i grew up in
and took my first steps in
will be foreign to her.

and we won't just be visiting my parents.
they'll be her grandparents.
and my sisters will be her aunts.
and i'll get to show her all of my favorite places.
and she'll just be this tiny human being taking it all in through her big eyes.

and when she gets older i'll tell her about my childhood
and show her the creek where we would catch crawdads
and the hill where we'd go sledding
and the bushes where i'd pick branches of honeysuckle.
and then i'll show her things like the park where her mama and papa went on their first date
and where they held hands for the first time
and kissed for the first time.

i can't wait to show this baby girl the world.
show her all of the beautiful things that make my heart so happy.
i can't wait.






1 comment:

  1. Hello! I've heard so much about you from Stephanie and decided I needed to find your blog. This post is so, so sweet. I'm not at all about to be a mom but I feel like I will definitely have similar thoughts cross my mind whenever that happens. Best wishes! And now I'm going to read your blog all the time :)

    ReplyDelete